Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blue Riddim Band



Before I heard the Blue Riddim Band, I didn't think that any non-Jamaican band could play hard-core reggae music. This band out of Kansas, Missouri, U.S.A. proved me wrong. The YouTube video clip above is taken from their 1982 performance of their hit "Nancy Reagan" at the now defunct annual reggae music festival "Reggae Sunsplash" in Montego Bay, Jamaica. They were nominated for a Reggae Grammy in 1985 for their album "Alive in Jamaica."




In this video clip the band is playing Burning Spear's "Tradition."

2 comments:

  1. I love this band! Did you know that they are making a sort of comeback - playing around the KC area and also doing some recording? They came out with a ska album and have a dub/rocksteady album imminently forthcoming. You can keep tabs on them here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BLUE-RIDDIM-BAND/214687917364 and here: http://www.reverbnation.com/#/blueriddim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith, thank you so much for visiting my blog and the information about the band. I shall definitely check out those links.

    ReplyDelete